Beginning with the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
- All praise is due to Allah, The Lord of all in the universe.
- The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.
- Owner of the Day of Reckoning.
- You Alone do we worship and from You Alone do we seek help.
- Guide us onto the straight path.
- The path of those whom You have blessed.
- Not that of those upon whom is wrath, nor that of those who are astray.
Ahadees concerning Surah Fatiha:
Muslim reports from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:
“Allah, the Glorious and Exalted, said, ‘I have divided the prayer between Myself and my servant equally and My servant shall be granted what he asked for.’ Therefore when the servant says, ‘all praises and thanks are due to Allah, the Lord of the universe‘, Allah says, ‘My servant has praised Me.’ When he says,’the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful,‘Allah says, ‘My servant has extolled Me.’ When he says, ‘Master of the Day of Judgement,’ Allah says, ‘My servant has glorified Me.’ When he says, ‘You Alone we worship and Your aid Alone do we seek,’ Allah says, ‘this is between Me and My servant and My servant shall have what he requested.’ When he says, ‘guide us to the Straight Path, the Path of those whom You have favoured, not of those who have incurred [Your] wrath, neither of those who have gone astray,’ Allah says, ‘this is for My servant and My servant shall have what he asked for.’